Sunday, June 03, 2007

Alan

Someone named Alan posted this in the discussion on my previous post (I responded there too):
I randomly ended up in your blog, so I decided to read it. Honestly, it amazes me how much of a wannabe Bill O'Reily you are. You're a hopeless redneck with aspirations of having a brain, a true shame to america's name and (long lost) reputation.

The FCC should seize your computer for NC-17 stupidity, and Bush should lock you up in Guantanamo, because such uneducated thinking is (or should be)a federal crime.

For the sake of intelligent people in this planet, please stop writing and go watch NASCAR (if you're not, already).

I'm sure you will understand (actually, I wish I was),

Thank you.
So this has got me worried. Has living in Florida made me a redneck? I don't think I've been anywhere close to one. I'm getting a little nervous... Any thoughts?

7 Comments:

At 6/03/2007 3:40 AM, Blogger Chris Hill said...

I keep rereading this post and it confuses me... What does he mean "actually, I wish I was"? He wishes he was "understanded"... perhaps he didn't think it would be necessary to repeat the past tense form of the word? Also, why did he capitalize "Bill O'Reily" and all of "NASCAR" but not "america"?

So many questions...

 
At 6/03/2007 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no need to worry, this is just an opinion... we all have freedom of speech, right?


I have a point though, please think before you write this crap.

 
At 6/03/2007 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?... Your points all revolve around me, none of which are true. You have no point. You suggested the government seize my computer because of my thoughts. You can't get around saying it's "just an opinion."

For others who read this, this is a common technique used by those on the Left: criticize all one wants with personal attacks then say, "it's just an opinion," thus not taking responsibility for ones words (ex: Al Frankin calling his remarks "comedy," thus excusing everything he says). We have freedom of speech, but we're also responsible for our words.

 
At 6/03/2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I also found his post a little confusing. I also checked to see what you said on his blog but it was deleted. But I guess he must have read a ways in your blog because there really isn't much lately that deals with issues conservatives and liberals disagree on. I wish I knew what post he was even referring to. My guess is the one about you getting a puppy. From what I understand, people who watch NASCAR and imitate O'Reilly often have puppies.

 
At 6/03/2007 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, all I said was that I responded on my blog. He confuses me.

 
At 6/03/2007 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puppies are a controversial issue too. I think you're right about that post.

(And again, for the record, I proudly do NOT watch NASCAR and am not a big fan of O'Reilly. I said this in my previous post, but wanted to make it clear here.)

 
At 6/03/2007 10:14 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

His blog is about how America is a violent nation. I wish Alan would move to various genocidal regions of Africa or the middle east to do a comparative study. He should take his chipmunks with him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home