Saturday, June 10, 2006

Parent Your Own Kids

Apparently, there was some 16 year old chick that met a guy from Jericho (yeah, the same place Joshua destroyed) on myspace and flew over there to meet him. Anyway, they got her back before she met the guy. The thing that struck me from the report was this:
Shawn Lester told The Saginaw News that her daughter has "never given me a day's trouble. ... I just don't understand with all these new laws protecting America how a 16-year-old kid could get out of the country.''
Now I understand that if someone is a minor, the government can be more restrictive of certain things (i.e., don't drink, smoke, etc.). However, this reliance on the government to parent children is absolutely ridiculous! To trust laws to save you from all your troubles is foolish. Start parenting your children and stop looking to the government to do it for you. Pretty soon, spanking will be illegal (absolutely foolish and a violation of the 1st amendment) and it will be because parents keep looking to the government to solve all their problems. An anti-spanking law, or looking to the government to protect your children from foolishness in this case, forces parents to not have to discipline their children. This makes parenting much easier, while destroying the lives of children and the vitality of society.

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Chris I'm really tired of you always advocating personal and parental responsibility! Why can't you just understand that an anonymous bureaucrat in a cubicle hundreds of miles away should parent the nation's children!?

 
At 6/13/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Chris Hill said...

Man, Jordan, I'm really surprised you think that. I thought you were one for personal responsbility too. I guess I was wrong...

 
At 6/13/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Chris Hill said...

I was being sarcastic too, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home