Monday, January 29, 2007

Thank God

No, there wasn't another Dictatorhanging (yes, one word). This time I wanted to thank God for blessing us with something we've been praying about for a couple months: that we can break our lease. Our landlord company finally capitulated and will allow us to move closer to Whiting Field (my new base, which turns out is about a 40 minute drive with no traffic, and since I'll be flying and need to be alert, and I may have really long [up to 12 hours cause they're not allowed to schedule us for more] days away from my wife, a 40 minute drive both ways kind of... sucks)! So thanks to anyone and everyone who prayed for this. But mostly, thank God that he worked this out for us.

If anyone desires to keep us in their prayers, you can first off pray that we have godly wisdom and discernment in this move. Also, pray that we find a really nice house for a reasonable rent price (we're looking ~$1000/mo) in a good neighborhood near friends, that we can find it soon, that the move will be smooth and not adversely affect my training or put undue stress on Katie, and that we can get the dog that we looked at months ago and have been praying about getting since then.

Thanks in advance for your prayers. But mostly, thank God for his glorious blessings in Christ Jesus.

4 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 9:48 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Excellent news, Chris. Partly due to your prompting I have been praying a little more lately. I will definitely include your requests...
Hope the training is going well. Just think happy thoughts...but not too many, otherewise you will take off and fly away. I saw that on tv.
Jordan

 
At 1/30/2007 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs are great. I endorse getting a dog.

 
At 1/30/2007 8:34 PM, Blogger Sam said...

What kind of dog?

 
At 1/30/2007 11:48 PM, Blogger Chris Hill said...

I think he's a shepherd mix... maybe bloodhound... they really don't know. This is the guy we've been looking at:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7104161

 

Post a Comment

<< Home